Careers at Universal Stainless
Location: Bridgeville, PA
In search of a self-directed and experience Controller to oversee all financial and accounting activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for budget management, forecasting, SEC reporting, financial reporting, internal auditing and SOX compliance. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy workplace, and is well-versed in working closely with senior management.
Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation.
1. Prepare financial reports and present findings and recommendations to CFO.
2. Monitor compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
3. Supervise general accounting functions at both plant and corporate levels.
4. Work with supervisors and managers in the development and appropriate administration of department general ledger accounts.
5. Perform other general accounting functions as may be required on an as requested basis.
1. Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
2. Ensure an adequate internal control environment exists and functions at a level appropriate for a company of this size and complexity, and position the control environment to accommodate growth.
3. Oversee the representation of the Accounting/Controller function.
4. Oversee of General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Credit & Collections and Cash Management.
5. Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations and policies and procedures.
1. Issue timely and complete financial statements.
2. Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report & manage the relationship with the external auditors for completion of the annual financial statement audit.
3. Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
4. Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
5. Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.