Careers at Universal Stainless
Supervisor - Melt Shop
Location: Bridgeville, PA
The Melt Shop Supervisor will direct the hourly workforce involved with the Electric Arc Furnace and Molding, Scrap Yard and Masons with particular focus on Safety, Quality ad Productivity.
Specific Responsibilities: (Specific primary responsibilities are defined by the following, but not limited to)
- Responsible for area safety culture and metrics including but not limited to:
- Requiring staff to maintain housekeeping standards (5S) and general orderliness
- Ensuring compliance with Safety & Health, Environmental Policies
- Enhancing safety and morale by identifying and reducing hazards
- Ensure compliance to Quality Policies through adherence to standardized processes & practices
- Manage, control and coordinate assets including equipment and manpower to optimize throughput
Qualifications: Strong leadership and problem-solving skills. Good interpersonal communication skills; ability to plan, coordinate, organize, prioritize and redirect activities to meet goals. Strong detail orientation.
Ability to effectively utilize contemporary software and office equipment.
Education and Experience: 5+ Years experience in an industrial steelmaking environment
Physical and Other Requirements:
- Ability to safely move around a heavy industrial plant environment up to 12 hours per day
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- Ability work irregular shifts and extended hours as required, and maintain job performance standards